- 1 Cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 Tbsp Citric acid
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- To taste Salt
- A pinch of Turmeric
- To make batter watery
- 1 Tbsp Fruit salt/ baking powder (dissolved in water)
For the Tadka
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Dried red chilli
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- In a bowl mix gram flour, citric acid, salt, sugar and turmeric. Add water and make it into a smooth batter with medium thick consistency.
- In a glass make add the fruit salt or baking powder. Add water to it and pour this into the dhokla mixture.
- Grease the steaming tin with 2 drops of oil and por the mixture into it. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Let it splutter.
- Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla.
- Cut into pieces and serve.