The recipes is simple, easy and sensational. A fleshy pomfret, some mustard seeds, curry leaves, tomatoes and turmeric and you've got yourself a cracker of a dish.
- 1 pomfret fish
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp sliced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger juliennes
- 4-5 slit green chillies
- 2 sliced onions
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup diluted coconut milk
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 tomato cut in 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Clean pomfret and make small slits both sides to allow spices to penetrate.
- Heat oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, sliced garlic, ginger juliennes, slit green chillies, sliced onions, turmeric powder and diluted coconut milk.
- Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add salt and the cleaned pomfret.
- Cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Before removing from fire add thick coconut milk and tomatoes.
- Serve hot with bread, aapam or rice.