Paal Payasam is a South Indian dessert, a version of Kheer, made on various festivals and celebratory occasions like Onam. A simple, fuss-free recipe with richness of nuts and goodness of milk.
- 50 gms rice
- 1 litre milk
- 5 gram cardamom powder
- 100 gms sugar
- 50 ml ghee (clarified butter)
- 50 gms cashew nuts
- 25 gms raisins
- Wash and soak the rice for 1/2 an hour.
- Cook the rice in milk until soft.
- Add cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts.
- When the cashew nuts are slightly golden, add the raisins and saute for a minute.
- Pour on the rice mixture and serve warm.