Corn cooked with spices and simmered in milk makes for an unusual vegetarian dish. Bhutte ka Kees is a specialty from Indore, and a much loved street food. If you have a special liking for corn, then this one's for you.
- 5 Medium Fresh corn cobs
- 4 Tbsp Oil/ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Green chilli paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Coriander , finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Coconut , grated
- 1.Grate four of the corn cobs and cut the other into tiny pieces.
- 2.Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and ginger paste.
- 3.When ginger is a very light brown add the corn, chilli paste and salt.
- 4.Add the milk slowly, stirring all the time, and bring to a boil.
- 5.Simmer for a couple of minutes or till corn is cooked.
- 6.Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves and grated coconut.