Mysore Pak is a sweet dish of Karnataka, prepared especially during Diwali. Besan, ghee, sugar and water mixed together to form soft pieces.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Chick-pea flour
- 2 Cups Ghee
- 1.Sift the besan and keep ready.
- 2.Dissolve sugar in the water over low heat and once it dissolves, increase the heat, bring to a boil and cook till it reaches a one-thread consistency.
- 3.Add 1 Tbsp of besan and stir to mix well. Continue till all the besan is added, a tablespoon at a time.
- 4.Add the ghee, one tablespoon a time till all of it is used.
- 5.The color and texture will change by now. It will get more brown and crumbly.
- 6.Set in a thali, patting to level.
- 7.Do not remove ghee that may float on top, pat it back.
- 8.Cool, cut and serve.